- Do you share information?
- We only share your information with your physician's office and your insurance carrier. Your information will never be sold or shared with an outside source.
- Do you accept my insurance?
- We accept most insurance plans as well as Medicare and Medicaid. Generally, insurance carriers do pay for most prosthetic services. Our staff is highly knowledgeable in the ever-changing
health insurance industry, and strive to get you the benefits you deserve. We will always provide
you with our best estimate of the cost of each item and if there are any shared costs before any
item is delivered.
- Do you file the insurance claim?
- Yes, we will file your insurance claim for you.
- Does my insurance cover the item I need?
- If medically necessary, insurance covers prosthetic devices. The one exception is mastectomy swimwear is not covered by any insurance plans.
- How often can I get items?
- This varies widely with what is considered a "reasonable useful life", warranty lengths, your individual insurance plan, and medical necessity. But generally speaking:
- Leg or arm prosthesis — every 3-5 years
- Suspension liners — every 6 months
- Prosthetic socks — as often as needed
- Custom Silicone Restorations — 2-5 years
- Foam breast prosthesis — every 6 months
- Silicone breast prosthesis — every 2 years
- Mastectomy bras — 2-6 a year
- How do I get rid of pain?
- We have techniques to help alleviate phantom pain. We will gladly demonstrate the technique at your free evaluation.
- Do I need a prescription?
- The free evaluation does not require a prescription. A physician's prescription is required in order to deliver any medically necessary items.